Have you ever dreamed of cruising the blue Aegean sea? Do you long to discover the Greek islands, the countless beaches and other hidden treasures that lie within your reach?
Sailing in Greece is a unique and rewarding experience. Greece has hundreds of islands, the majority of them unspoilt by mass tourism. In addition there are countless attractive mainland ports to visit. It’s easy to sail between destinations in a few hours if you don’t want an arduous day, but there are plenty of opportunities for longer passages for those who are up for more adventure.
Why Charter From Us?
There are hundreds of companies offering yacht charter in Greece, so why choose us? Here are six good reasons …
- We’re not a big impersonal company to whom you are just one of thousands of clients. We’re a small company, offering a very personal level of service. We rely on client recommendations and satisfied former students to grow. You’ll get to know our staff and they’ll be happy to help you plan just the holiday you want.
- Many charter companies are simply agents, who manage the clients on behalf of yacht owners. We actually own all the yachts we charter. This means we have a vested interest in keeping them well maintained and looked after so you’ll find them in the best condition.
- Our sailing area is the Saronic and Argolic Gulfs. These are ideal for novice skippers as there are short distances between many ports and it is more sheltered that the central Aegean. the Argolic especially has many unspoilt and uncrowded bays and harbours. However, if you are more experienced and want to head to the Cyclades, that’s possible too.
- Our base is on the pretty island of Aegina, close to Athens. We have our own pontoon in the town harbour. Charter with us and you’ll spend your first and last nights on a real Greek island, with tavernas and night-life, not in a huge marina with thousands of other charterers.
- Starting and finishing your sailing holiday on Aegina gives you two more days of sailing in the islands! If you charter from a base in Athens you’ll spend a day at the beginning and end of your charter getting to / from the mainland. Why not start in the islands instead and begin your holiday the moment you arrive?
- We are one of the oldest established and best RYA training centres in Greece. If your skills are a bit rusty, we can often arrange a qualified instructor to give you some training on your first day. Learn how to Med-moor with confidence!
Chartering your own yacht lets you reach beauty spots, caves, and bays, that are hidden or hard to reach with other means of transport. You are free to go wherever you want. Leave the rat race behind and come sailing!
Can’t sail? Ask for a skipper and we will provide a knowledgeable and competent person to guide you on your voyage. Most of our skippers can also instruct if you want to learn how to sail.
Whatever your needs or desires, we can help you have the sailing vacation of your dreams in an Odyssean world of discovery and adventure.
It sounds wonderful, doesn’t it?
If you wonder why more and more people choose to charter a yacht for their holiday, the answer is simple: it gives a completely different meaning to the word “holiday“.
The cost of sailing may be much less than you expect.
It’s an affordable way to have a truly memorable summer holiday.
Take along your partner, your friends, or your family, for a custom-built sailing journey. We’ll be here at every step, ensuring a unique sailing holiday for you and your loved ones.
In order to charter one of our yachts bareboat, you’ll need a recognised certificate, such as RYA Day Skipper Practical. You’ll also need at least one other person on board capable of acting as co-skipper, able to assist you with sailing, and using the anchor. If you don’t yet have a qualification, why not take an instructor on board with you for the first 5 days for tuition?
Alternatively, we can provide you with a friendly, experienced skipper who will be delighted to show you around the area, and who will know the best places to visit.