You don’t have to sit on shore and watch others having fun. Book a 2-week charter with us, get your RYA Day Skippe / ICC the first week, then sail yourself for the remaining time.
Most countries now ask for proof of your competence before you’re able to charter a yacht ‘bareboat’. You may have been sailing many times before, but you don’t have that important piece of paper. What can you do?
Our special 2-week holiday offer will help you achieve your goal of chartering and provide you with the required certification for the future. When you charter one of our lovely boats for two weeks, we’ll provide an RYA instructor to spend the first 5 or 6 days on board, taking you through the RYA Day Skipper syllabus. At the end of the tuition period, as long as you reach the required standard, you’ll be issued with an RYA Day Skipper Non-Tidal Practical certificate. You’ll drop off your instructor who’ll return to our base, and you’ll then be able to continue sailing for the rest of your holiday. At the end of the two weeks you’ll return to our base.
Please note that this 2-week offer is for people who have already done a few weeks sailing. It isn’t suitable for complete beginners or those who are likely to need more than 6 days to reach Day Skipper standard. If you’re in this position, we have other opportunities for you so please get in touch with us to ask what we can offer.
The minimum experience required for our 2-week charter offer is one week’s recent sailing experience as an active member of the crew of a charter yacht. RYA Competent Crew is very useful but not essential. You’ll also need sufficient theoretical knowledge of navigation, chart-work etc. but we supply this as part of the package.
What You’ll Get
- access to the excellent online RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship course. This covers all the theory you’ll need before coming to us.
- access to our own online material, including instruction on Med-mooring, the stern-to mooring technique used in this area of Greece
- information pack on chartering a yacht in Greece
- 2-week charter of one of our lovely 3 or 4 cabin boats, all 40-45 ft long and fitted with modern navigation and safety equipment
- 6 days instruction from a fully qualified RYA instructor