Are you considering a sailing course but are worried about coming alone? About a third of our students come sailing by themselves, so it isn’t unusual, but I can fully understand it may seem a bit daunting, especially for females.
This video features a couple of ladies who came on a Competent Crew alone. They met each other on board and became friends.
5 reasons why Aegean Sailing School is a good choice for single sailors, male or female:
- you won’t be expected to share a cabin or to sleep in the saloon.
- you won’t be put on a yacht with a family or youngsters … unless of course you are young too!
- we’ll try to match you with crew of a similar age and and language, if at all possible.
- your instructor will quickly make you feel safe and comfortable.
- you’ll meet our other yachts at night and enjoy a broader social life than just your own crew
We have single sailors every month of the year but possibly more in the spring and autumn than mid-summer, although these ladies came in the middle of July! We also have sailors of all different age-groups – from people in their 20s to those in their 60s.
If you want to be sure of sailing with other singles you can contact us to find out if there are specific dates we’d suggest. But don’t worry – as Teresa says ‘Just Do it!’