We’re looking for a Chief Instructor to lead our friendly and enthusiastic team of sailing instructors. Candidates should have a wide range of experience instructing at all levels and should feel confident that they can promote the vision and values of Aegean Sailing School.
Qualifications & Experience Required
All applicants must possess RYA Yachtmaster Instructor Sail, up to date commercial endorsement and First Aid certificate, and have a minimum of five years instructing experience.
If you have other qualifications – such as RYA Powerboat Instructor, Radio Assessor, Shorebased instructor – this will be an advantage, as will catamaran experience, good computer skills, and the ability to speak other languages.
Ideally we’re looking for someone with previous management or supervisory experience.
- Deliver high quality training and a high standard of customer service.
- Act as Line Manager to a small team of instructors
- Provide help and advice to new instructors.
- Maintain operational and safety standards on courses.
- Develop, review, and implement procedures for risk management, safety, and documentation.
- Prepare for the centre’s inspections including registration, compliance, equipment inspections and maintenance.
- Support the centre’s administration through information on training.
- Build positive relationships with administrative staff and clients
- Work as part of the management team to plan training courses and other activities.
- Liaise with the maintenance team to plan and implement a programme of equipment maintenance and recording.
We’re looking for a well-organised person with strong leadership skills, a positive outlook on life, and the charisma to lead the instruction team. You will need to be enthusiastic, diplomatic, trustworthy, hard-working, motivated and friendly as well as having good customer service skills and the ability to be flexible and professional at all times.
We have students from all over the world, and instructors of several nationalities. The ability to get along with people from other cultures and an interest in different ways of life is essential. It may help if you have travelled extensively or have lived / worked in another country.
The post will initially be from approximately 1 March to 30 November 2016 with a view to extending into a permanent post.
Salary & Working Conditions
We offer competitive rates of pay, depending on qualifications and experience. You will normally work from Sunday afternoon to Friday evening, with occasional weekend work. You’ll get regular time off during the season. Accommodation on-shore can be provided by arrangement.
How to Apply
Please complete the application form, which you will find here. We may ask potential candidates to also send us a full CV.
If you have any questions prior to applying, please contact Melody.
We are always interested in hearing from suitably qualified instructors who are interested in working in Greece for one or more seasons.